Reader response-Out of my Mind
Jennifer Colucci Mrs. Asuncion Block 6 14 February 2016 Reader Response For my reader's response essay, I chose to write about the book Out of my Mind by Sharon Draper. I read this book in seventh grade and I loved it! The main character Melody Brooks has cerebral palsy, a disease that limits her abilities. She can’t walk, talk, move and do simple tasks, such as feeding herself.She can’t communicate with anyone so nobody understands her. All her life she has been in the same specials needs class at her school, learning the same lessons each year. Melody however has a photographic memory and she is probably the smartest person in her whole school. Nobody thinks Melody knows anything, and assumes she is mentally retarded. One day Melody and her classmates were invited to come join some 4th and 5th grade classes. She gets to participate in Music class, History, and Language Arts.While in music class Melody meets Rose, a girl in most of her inclusion classes. They instantly beco...
Comments
Post a Comment