Business Letter to Apple

Liam Vereb
Ms. Asuncion 
English 9 Honors 
October 2015

Business letter to Apple
1234 Plaza Square
Ashburn, VA 23456

October 9th, 2015

Tim Cook
1 Infinite Loop 
Cupertino, CA 95014 

Dear Mr. Cook,

I am an enthusiastic Apple fan. I read all the news sites, read all the blogs, and follow all the keynotes to find out about every product update. I recently bought an Apple iPhone 6s and once again the Apple product has delighted me. From the big changes like the new 3D Touch which allows users to do different things such as peek at content based on the amount of pressure applied to the iPhone screen, to the very subtle changes like the new vibration feelings of the phone when it rings. Everything about the new iPhone 6s is amazing and an improvement from the older phones. 

Unfortunately my purchase experience was not nearly as pleasant. I have at least 20 Apple products in my house between my parents, my siblings, and myself. So I am familiar with what the typical Apple in store experience should be. Due to high demand of iPhone 6s’Apple forced me to have to pre-order and pre-pay online. I was then told it could not be shipped to my house but was available for me to pick up at my nearest store. I was given a date and was told no appointment was necessary. You can imagine my excitement and anticipation as the day arrived.

I arrived mid-morning on Saturday November 19th and was greeted by a rather stiff Apple staff member who rather unceremoniously pointed me to a long wait line. During my hour and forty-five minute wait several Apple employees paced up and down and repeatedly asked me what I was there for. I was repeatedly told by them to keep waiting in the line. I should also mention that the store was not particularly busy, not sufficiently to warrant such a long wait. Finally it was my turn and after being shown to take a seat at the genius bar I was told I needed to come back and make an appointment. I was rather dismayed and pressed further as this was not typical from my prior experiences with Apple. I showed them the confirmation email indicating that my phone had indeed arrived at the store; I was then left for another 35 minutes while Apple staff members scurried back and fourth and basically ignored me. Finally I managed to get the attention of an Apple employee who was at least able to locate my phone that had in fact been on the premises all this time. You can imagine my frustration with all these differing stories, and then trying to set up the phone was quite a different matter. Apparently the computer servers were down or the account wasn’t working, but trying to get the phone loaded up was another hour’s worth of time.

As I mentioned previously I have personally bought or been part of more than several Apple product transactions and not one of them has ever been more than a couple of minutes and seamless from start to finish. This however is completely contradictory to my latest experience and has left me dismayed and shocked, so much so that I though it necessary to bring this to your attention. Apple is known not only for its sheer simplicity and genius in design as well as its simplicity and genius in user experience. That experience also relates to the purchase process. I am not sure if it’s just the Tysons Corner store or if other stores are having similar challenges, but unfortunately I can only rate this experience a two out of five. It seems that when people got involved with your product, that’s when things came apart. The problem is that the product is still fantastic but the experience with the Apple staff this last time around has left me less than enthusiastic about Apple.


I appreciate you taking the time to take an interest in my concerns and I sincerely hope that my critique will help make future experiences for myself and other customers much more pleasant. I should mention as a last note that I was not the only one experiencing similar issues.


Thanks,

Liam Vereb






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Format Dialogue

How to fix sentence fragments

Business Letter Formatting