Poem, "Lost"

Shreya Vundela
Ms. Asuncion
English 9 Honors, Block 2
18 November 2015
Lost
I wander through the streets, invisible in this big world
Nowhere to go and nothing to call home
My hopes and dreams are long gone and have been hurled
It is as if I’ve been hit by a storm
The alley is dark and I can hear sounds
Even if I scream, no one will be there to help me
I dream of some food, just a couple pounds
But all I can afford to eat are leaves off of a tree
Maybe some soul out there, will kindly care
I still hold onto the hope, waiting for the chance
For now I am isolated, I’m bare
Because all too soon reality ends my trance
Although, I have yet to suffer through the worst
All my inner emotions are waiting, wanting to burst



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Format Dialogue

How to fix sentence fragments

Business Letter Formatting