My Grandpa

Tasnia Chowdhury
Ms. Asuncion
English 9 Honors, Block 3
22 February 2016
My Grandpa
                                    Walking with a wooden cane,
                                    Who would have thought you would go so soon.
                                    A person who was never in pain.
                                    With you being gone, my life has so much gloom.

                                    You taught me right, you taught me wrong.
                                    And with this knowledge I must go on.
                                    With hurt and pain in my heart,
                                    I do know that we’ll never be apart.

                                    You made me laugh, you made me cry.
                                    With these moments I will make it by and by
                                    You are gone this I see,
                                    And now you’re in heaven watching down on me.
                                   
                                    I remember how it used to be before you went away.
                                    I’d walk in every morning and you’d know just what to say.
                                    I never had to ask, I knew just where you’d be.
                                    I’d enter into the room and you’d be waiting for me.
                                   
                                    The day you left this world, I wept.
                                    Seeing you not but a day before,
                                    It was harder than I could have ever imagined.
                                    The pain is real, but so were the memories.

                                    I love you pa, and I always will,
                                    But losing you is a great big deal.
                                    The suffering has ended and you’ve gone home,
                                    To sit with our Grandma on her throne.

            

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Format Dialogue

How to fix sentence fragments

Business Letter Formatting