The House

Masan Brown 
Ms. Asuncion 
English 9H, Block 3 
1 October 2015 

The House 
The box, the door, it begged me to enter.  
What lies beyond the door is my bad past, 
I open the door, see and remember. 
Waking in slow, I feel like an outcast. 

The stairs I sat on, waiting for presents, 
The kitchen where holiday meals were made. 
I'm frozen thinking about those events, 
This is where it happened, I wish I stayed. 

I was scared seeing my house would hurt me, 
This is where my family had fell apart. 
 Standing where my mom was finally free; 
As I'm in this house I feel my heartbeat.  

Seeing this house is impossibly hard, 
The last thing I ever see is the yard! 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

How to Format Dialogue

How to fix sentence fragments

Business Letter Formatting