The Unwanted Memories

Alekhya Varada
Ms. Asuncion
English 9 Honors, Block 6
21 October 2015                                                                                 
The Unwanted Memories

Looking through the majestic, murky pond
Wanting nothing more than fun and laughter
All I see is a sad, unfriendly bond
It’s a myth to get an “ever after.”
Wishing upon a thousand, shining stars
They say the past is only the past
But all I get are a thousand bright scars
However, letting it go cannot last
Can I just have a slight feeling of hope?
Sometimes I just want to scream and shout out loud
No, all you can do is not cry, but cope
I will cherish what I have and be proud,
Hope for the best and know that I am blessed

This is where I belong, in a birds nest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Format Dialogue

Business Letter Formatting

How to fix sentence fragments