Business Letter to Frito-Lay

Shreya Vundela
Ms. Asuncion
English 9
October 2015
Business Letter to Frito-Lay
42176 Gentle Falls Dr.
Ashburn, VA 20148

October 19, 2015

7701 Legacy Dr.
Plano, TX 75024

Dear Mr. Greco,

I greatly enjoy all of the different varieties of chips that Frito-Lay makes. I have been eating the chips for as long as I can remember, and its almost as if the chips have been a great part of my childhood. I can probably think of so many good (and not so good) memories that I associate with each chip brand. I also love all of the different flavors of the chips. In Lays, I like the BBQ chips flavor. In Doritos I absolutely love the spicy sweet chili flavor. On top of all of that, I like that the chip brands come up with such unique flavors and ideas that are out of the box, to keep us consumers on the edge of our seat. Each time a new flavor comes out I get very eager to try it.


Although I love these chips very much, I do have some concerns. First, in Doritos, some of the chips have a little bit too much flavoring on them. Right when I touch the chip, there is a bunch of powder that comes onto my fingers, but that is not a major concern for me. Another concern that I have is with the smell of Doritos spicy sweet chilly chips. Right when I open the bag, an


aroma arises from the chips. Most of my friends don't like the smell, so therefore they don't eat it. For me, once I get around the smell, I find the chips quite delicious to eat. Those are just a few minor concerns.


My major concern is the amount of air in the bag of chips. With all of the brands of chips, I always see a same pattern. In all my experiences with opening a chip bag, I have always disappointedly found that at least two thirds of the bag (or in some cases more) is filled with air. The bag only contains a tiny percentage of actual chips compared to the emptiness. There have only been a few cases where I have had a nearly full bag of chips. That kind of frustrates me because when I get the chips I expect to see a decent amount of chips in the bag for me to eat. This is also a concern that I found other people agreeing with. A lot of people, including me, have little to no concerns about chips because they are simply enticing. Also, in most cases I pay a dollar for a bag of chips, but I end up having eight chips in my bag. I have read in an article that chip bags are filled with nitrogen for health reasons, and I have also read that chip bags are filled by weight. It would be highly appreciated if there were more chips in the bags to eat.


I thank you for taking the time to read this letter about my opinions and concerns about Frito-Lay.


Thanks you,






Shreya Vundela

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Format Dialogue

How to fix sentence fragments

Business Letter Formatting