Innocent Flames by Sudiksha kochi

Original Poetry
By: Sudiksha Kochi
Date: 09/24/15
Block: 3rd

Innocent Flames
Has the infinite galaxy swallowed stars into darkness?
For your love has sucked my soul, my heart and left me to tears..
ripping blood like immature throwdowns in an abyss;
each icicle representing a drop of love that poisons my heart.
Sometimes I feel like climbing the peak of a mountain,
surrounding myself with puddles of tears streaked in red kisses;
losing the grip that you once stapled into my flesh,
and the evil stares that burned in my mind like a torturous tyranny of charades.

I wonder, do you still hold my memories like a safe box filled with gold?
Or flush them down like unwanted scraps of dirt...
shooting bullets of pain and misery into my heart,
and spreading the face of carefree indulgence like the bystander of a crime scene.
Your touch is like an enigmatic puzzle of deception, the rising sun of bloodlust...
a staircase of hope and destiny leading into the mouth of a firebreathing dragon.
But when I soar into the sky, your wings are the reflection of an affectionate soul,
slowly descending into the spitting love of fireworks in the air.

Speak to me, love me, cherish this fervent reality, and the existence of life as it is...
for a thousand atoms that make up the universe,
cannot make up our love that centers the galaxy.
You burn my skin, devour my flesh, spit out lies like a parallel dimension,
but act as a savior, a hero, saving my strands of hair like delicate woven silks.
I'm the beads that crystallize the essence of your beauty,
cherishing light like a million memories clouded into one blown bubble...
wandering until the rhythm of your voice guides my mind,
and the stereo of dance moves are a swift wind of fog above mountains.

I'm losing my grip, falling out of place, shaken up and twisted about like a doll,
but your presence of heaven meanders through the waves of a tsunami.
What would it feel like to give up a dream, to ultimately lose a life of greed?
Your an attacker, a defender, a ghost which follows my present and future...
yet you force me to surrender my heart to your nefarious deeds.
I feel as though your feathers are the trust which withstand this cruel reality...
and the tension of the brick walls subside with our devouring flames.
Give me life, a choice, and free me of these shadows;
calculating me into a distance of glaciers that never seem to melt...
that always keep our love mended together like adhesive glue attaching a broken will.

I was waiting for your silence,
which seemed to freeze time like Earth's final days...
and leave me in a chaotic mix of ecstasy and melancholy divisions.
Speak to me, love me, cherish our bond which is like a gravitational pull between nature itself...
but I only got the dreaded answer which replayed over and over.
You're broken like an antique vase, beaten in a battlefield in which I'm the controller.
We are no longer Prime Meridian and Equator, the sun and the moon, yin and yang...
but instead, I'm the remote and your the video game seeking a destiny of truth and rebellion.
What happened to the old days, where we would hold our rings like a scepter of power?
Did you forget all the adrenaline that rushed to the point of exact millennium?
You failed me, you failed our love, our destiny, and the darkness which shields all the mirrors.
I'm driven crazy, mesmerized by your world, and then you leave me...
all I see is your dead body in a coffin surrounded by my bones beating on your words.
Your flames in the blizzard, an ice of stone in the scorching ball of radiant orange,
but with me, your just another creature ready to face the time traveling vengeance...
and the grip you gave me is lost, as I collided with the conflicting miasma of sounds mute.
The world is lost, the grave is dug deeper, the wind chimes are echoing in the distance...
and I could hear your last word faintly like a pin dropping off a cliff.

I never knew you could hold on so quickly... a lonely star, eventually evolving.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Format Dialogue

Business Letter Formatting

How to fix sentence fragments