Reader Response

Raman Kaur
Ms. Asuncion
English 9 Honors
24 February 2016
Airhead
Has your brain ever been taken out of your head and been placed in someone else’s body? Probably not. That’s what happened to Emerson Watts in Airhead. Airhead is a drama book written by Meg Cabot. The book is about an average girl’s life, changing in less than a second.
Emerson Watts, is an average girl and she does normal things like going to school, fighting with her sister, and hanging out with her best friend, Christopher. She isn’t like all the other girls at her school who only care about makeup and fashion. She isn’t a girly girl. “I haven’t had a girl friend since fifth grade like, I always wanted to play video games, and they always wanted to play Truth or Dare,”(Cabot 2). She wishes that her friend Christopher and her were more than just friends. ”Not that I haven’t sometimes wished Christopher were my boyfriend,” (Cabot 2).
The next day, Em is forced to go to a Stark convention (gala), with her sister, Frida and Christopher joins them. Frida wanted to see the famous rock star, Gabriel Luna, at the convention. As they are waiting in line to get an autograph, Frida sees Nikki Howard (a famous teen supermodel). She runs out of line to go see her. Em turns her head and sees a flat screen T.V. falling towards Frida. She runs after her. Everything is black.
Em wakes up in a hospital and her family and Gabriel are in the hospital room. There are flowers everywhere in the room. She looks down at her hands and they are prettier, slimmer and manicured, which surprised her since she is a nail bitter. Her voice is also higher. “Em” is so confused of what’s happening. She stared to doze off and went back to sleep.
The next thing that happened, is that Luna and Gabriel kidnap “Emmerson.” They drag her into a car and keep saying her name is Nikki. When she finally looks in a mirror, she sees Nikki Howards face. When she looks at her body she sees Nikkis figure. She is confused, scared, and worried. She has no idea what’s going. She is now trapped inside a famous teen supermodels body forever and does not know what to do. “Em” is trapped in a tangly spider web filled with Nikki’s mens, friends, and work.
I was totally like Emerson Watts in elementary school. I did not care about fashion or makeup. I had a guy best friend named Sam and we had a solid friendship like Christopher and Em. Except I didn’t like Sam in that way like how Em did Christopher.
I also have an annoying little brother, like Em. My brother and I always fight and he is annoying like Frida.
Also, one time when I was little, I went to a Gala with my mom. We were waiting in line to get an autograph from a guy for my mom because she liked his music. Me being my annoying little self, ran away because I saw cotton candy. I then tripped on a wire and a poster fell on me. I also didn’t have a new body when I woke up so that was a relief.

Airhead is a great book for people who like a really good dramatic T.V. show. Instead of watching your favorite T.V. show, just read this book. The plot and storyline is also amazing. This book is hilarious and really makes you think about the quote in the book, “Do looks really matter.” Is it all about what’s on the outside but not inside? Is it all about looks and beauty instead of what’s on the inside? This book really makes you think. If I had to choose one book to read for the rest of my life over and over again it would be this one. I can really make a lot of connections with this book. Whenever I read this book it brings back certain memories. I do not want to forget those precious memories. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Format Dialogue

Business Letter Formatting

How to fix sentence fragments